GICA is hosting a webinar created exclusively for Compliance Collaborative members. If you are unsure whether you represent a Compliance Collaborative member school, please contact Judy Spain. If there are other folks on your campus that would be interested in attending this webinar training, please forward this information on to them.
• Brief HIPAA introduction and summary of higher education obligations for compliance.
• Designating as a hybrid-entities and properly identifying your healthcare component(s).
• Explore case studies where lack of hybrid status implementation ended in an Office of Civil Rights settlement/fine.
• Define Privacy Officers role within Hybrid Entities.
• Explore how to ensure privacy when the culture of an organization is not healthcare based and how to approach techniques for shifting privacy culture.
• Practical solutions for education and maintaining privacy include easy to implement training solutions.
Registration Deadline: Monday, January 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Registration and log-in information will be sent to registrants on Monday, January 20th after 4:00 p.m.
Presenter: Hila Berger, MPH, CIP, CHC
As Director of Research Compliance, within the Office of Research, Montclair University, Hila Berger, serves as the institution’s policy expert ensuring compliance with the HIPAA, IRB, IACUC, FCOI, and Medicare. She is responsible for outreach and educational activities for faculty, students and clinicians involved in patient care, human subjects and/or animal research. She provides expertise and guidance in the conduct of inquiries and investigations into the ethical conduct of research and healthcare compliance. Ms. Berger received her Masters in Public Health from Rutgers University formerly University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-School of Public Health and is certified as an IRB professional (CIP®) and healthcare compliance professional (CHC®).
Facilitator: Judy Spain, J.D., CCEP
Judy currently serves as the GICA Compliance Program Consultant. She is a tenured Professor, an attorney licensed in Kentucky, Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania, and is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional. She served as General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer at Eastern Kentucky University and Manhattanville College, where she developed and implemented compliance programs. Judy is the author of the first book on higher education compliance, “Higher Education Compliance: Blueprint for Success”.
1/21/2020 1:30 to 2:30 HIPAA Compliance within a University Hybrid Entity
2/4/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Title IX – Trauma Informed Investigation and Questioning
2/25/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Policy Management
3/24/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics
4/14/2020 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: Public Accommodations
4/28/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Record Retention
Upcoming In-person Trainings
3/5/2020 to 3/13/2020 TBD – Individual School Trainings (upon request)
3/11/2020 9:00 to 4:00 Reid Technique of Investigative Interviewing and Positive