GICA is hosting a webinar created exclusively for Compliance Collaborative members. If you are unsure whether you represent a Compliance Collaborative member school, please contact Judy Spain. If there are other folks on your campus that would be interested in attending this webinar training, please forward this information on to them.
Why need this project?
• Concerned that students, faculty, and staff are not sure of their responsibilities under ADA?
• Need a consistent and easy communication method for students, parents, faculty, and staff to have access to current ADA information that is institution-specific?
• Concerned that the time that you spend reviewing and reviewing your protocol with students, parents, faculty, and staff and reviewing your institution’s accommodation options, etc. could be better spent completing other ADA related activities?
• It is time to move forward on this project
• We need to make your job easier and provide better information to parents, students, faculty and staff.
How much work will this be for your institution?
• This webinar is designed to discuss, in detail, how to create these customized webinars at your institutions.
• Presenters can give practical advice to show you how you can easily customize the webinars; how to use the webinars to communicate with your faculty and staff; and will detail what is your time commitment to finish these webinars.
• Think summer project!
• Think we can help!
With the amazing assistance and work of Jennifer Loggins, we did a pilot program to develop a series of ADA-institution specific webinars. The webinars cover the following topics:
• Disability Federal Law Overview
• ADA Reasonable Accommodations Overview
• ADA Accommodations - Procedures for Students
• ADA Accommodations - Information and Procedures for Faculty
• ADA Accommodations - Scenarios for Faculty
• ADA Accommodations - Service & Emotional Support Animals
• These webinars can be accessed at:
Webinars - General:
• Short - 5 to 15 minutes – depending on topic
• Concise - hit the high points of the various laws
• Customizable – can customize your institutional colors, logos, speakers, etc.
• We have available IT help that can assist you.
• Slides already done – PowerPoint slides are already prepared; you just need to customize them
• Again – we have available IT help that can assist you.
• ADA compliant – can show you how to add transcription to the audio recording
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 13, 2020. Registration and log-in information will be sent to registrants on Monday, April 13 after 4:00 p.m.
Presenter: Judy Spain, J.D., CCEP
Judy currently serves as the GICA Compliance Program Consultant. She is a tenured Professor, an attorney licensed in Kentucky, Ohio, New York and Pennsylvania, and is a Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional. She served as General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer at Eastern Kentucky University and Manhattanville College, where she developed and implemented compliance programs. Judy is the author of the first book on higher education compliance, “Higher Education Compliance: Blueprint for Success”.
Presenter: Jennifer Loggins, M.S. LPC
Professor Jennifer Wilson Loggins, LPC is the Disability Service Provider (DSP) and Learning Center Director for Brenau University. She also teaches psychology courses as an adjunct professor. Her passion lies in collaborating with faculty to best serve students who require reasonable accommodations and teaching self-advocacy skills to students.
Presenter: Mandy Eppley, M.S., Director Instructional Design and Educational Technology Training, Higher Education Compliance Consultants
Mandy has over 20 years’ experience in the higher education environment serving as an educational technology trainer, e-Learning consultant, Instructor, and Student Success Program Director of EKU GURUS. Her online and face-to-face student success retention/collaboration GURU program has received national awards and recognition from First Lady Michelle Obama. Her extensive experience as an instructor and an online learning consultant, working with students, faculty and administrators combined with student success programs, gives her a unique perspective for using higher education technology tools to their full potential.
3/24/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics
4/14/2020 1:30 to 2:30 ADA Webinar Series: ADA Customized Webinars
4/28/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Record Retention
5/5/2020 1:30 to 2:30 Clery Act
Upcoming In-person Trainings
3/5/2020 to 3/13/2020 TBD – Individual School Trainings (upon request)
3/11/2020 9:00 to 4:00 The Reid Technique of Investigative Interviewing and Positive
2020-2021 Training calendar will be released soon.